Today, we’re delighted to introduce the latest Spark iOS update that introduces Lock Screen Widgets on iPhone and Stage Manager on iPad – allowing you to add and customize beautifully designed Spark widgets on your iPhone Lock Screen, and easily switch between multiple screens.
Spark email Widgets for Lock Screen
With the iOS update in September, Apple showered some much-needed love to the iPhone Lock Screen. It introduced a number of personalization features that allow users to customize their Lock Screen to their liking, including the ability to add widgets from their favorite apps. These Lock Screen widgets enable third-party apps to present important information at a glance, and allow the user to quickly tap on them and directly jump into the app to carry out an action.
- Latest Email: This widget displays the latest email from your inbox, so you always know if there’s anything urgent that needs your attention.
- Actions and Folders: This widget gives you one-tap access to email actions such as Compose, Search, Open Calendar or any email folders in your account.
- Email Count: This handy widget displays the number of unread and total emails.
- Email by Category: This widget lets you glance at the number of new emails from each category in Spark, and can be further customized to Focus on People, Notifications or Newsletters.
- Priority Email: This widget, available with our Spark Premium subscription, works similar to the Email by Category widget, except that it puts the focus on emails from Priority senders.
Spark calendar Widgets for Lock Screen
- Calendar event: This Calendar widget displays the next calendar event on your Lock Screen.
- Calendar Timeline: The Timeline widget displays multiple calendar events on a timeline, giving you a quick glance at how busy your day lies ahead.
To get started with these new Lock Screen widgets in Spark, make sure you’ve updated to the latest version of Spark and then follow the instructions in this Help Center article here.
Spark Stage Manager for iPad
Spark now supports Stage Manager — a new way to multitask on an iPad. Create overlapping windows of different sizes in a single view, drag and drop windows from the side, or open apps from the Dock to create groups of apps for faster, more flexible multitasking.
Stage Manager is helpful for people who open multiple apps and often switch between them. Think of answering an email while checking your availability in a calendar, referring to a website in Safari, and dragging a photo to attach to your email.
Since the release of the all-new Spark, our team has been working on bringing many of the highly-demanded features by the Spark community to the app. Today’s release is just one of the many amazing features and improvements that our team is hard at work on, and we’re excited to ship them in Spark.
Our goal is to build the ultimate email experience in Spark that helps you focus on what’s important. Over the last few months, we’ve received some tremendous feedback from the Spark community, which continues to motivate us and push us forward. Stay tuned as we continue working on some big features & releases.