How to change the email app on iPhone or iPad
If you've just gotten your hands on a shiny new iPhone, one of the first things you'd want to do is set up an email account on the iPhone, so that you have access to important email messages on the go. Both the iPhone and iPad offer an incredible experience when browsing content on the go, and once you have access to all email accounts on your iPhone or iPad, you'll be a lot more productive.
When you set up your iPhone or iPad, iOS will set up your email account in the built-in Mail.app by default. Even if you have an alternative iOS mail app installed on your device, iOS will force you to use the Apple Mail.app. Don't worry though, we can easily change the email app on iPhone or iPad with a few simple steps. By following these simple steps outlined below, you can learn how to change the email app on your iPhone or iPad and switch to the best email client for iOS - Spark Mail app.
How to Change the Email App on iPhone or iPad
- Download and Install Spark on your iOS device.
- Launch the new Spark app and go through the intro screens.
- Type in your main email address when the app prompts you for it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set-up your email account in Spark.
- If this seems confusing, don't worry. We have detailed guides for all popular email service providers.
- Once you have finished setting up your email account, you can start using Spark as your primary email client on your iPhone and iPad.
That's how simple it is to change the email app on iPhone or iPad to Spark Mail app. Spark comes with an incredible set of features that'll make you start loving the email experience again.
There's a tiny additional step that you have to take in order to start sending emails using Spark from other iOS apps. When you want to share something from any iOS app via Email, iOS only gives you the option to share it via the built-in Apple Mail.app instead of Spark. To share using Spark on iOS, follow these simple steps below:
How to Enable Spark Mail app's Share Extension on iOS
- Tap on the Share icon in any iOS app.
- Swipe left on the top row of the Share Sheet till you see the 'More' option denoted by three dots and tap on it.
- Scroll down in the list till you see Spark, then enable the toggle switch next to it.
- Using the drag handles on the right, re-order Spark share extension according to your preference so that it's easier to access.
- Tap 'Done' when you're ready to go.
Now, whenever you have to share something from a third-party app via Email, you will see the Spark icon, allowing you to compose and send email using Spark.