When you set up your iPhone or iPad, iOS will set up your email account in the built-in Mail.app by default. Even if you've downloaded an alternative mail app on your device, iOS still defaults to using the Apple Mail.app. Don't worry though, it is possible to change the default email app on iPhone or iPad with a few simple steps. By following these simple steps outlined below, you can learn how to replace the default email app on your iPhone or iPad and switch to Spark — the best email app for iOS.
How to change the email app on iPhone or iPad
- Download and install Spark on your iOS device if you haven't already.
- Launch the Spark app and go through the intro screens.
- Sign in with the email account you want to use in Spark.
- You can add multiple email accounts too. We have detailed guides for all popular email service providers.
- Once you have finished setting up your email account(s), you can start using Spark as your primary email client on your iPhone and iPad.
That's how simple it is to change the email app on iPhone or iPad. Switch to Spark for the best email experience on iPhone and iPad.
How to replace the default Mail app on iPhone or iPad
Although Spark is up and running on your iOS device, you'll find that when you click on any email link on any website, iOS still opens the default Mail app. To enable iOS to open Spark instead, follow these simple steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Scroll down to the list of apps and tap on Spark.
- Tap on the Default Mail App option.
- Tap on Spark to choose it as your default Mail app on iOS.
How to send email from other iOS apps using Spark
When you want to share something from any iOS app via Email, iOS only gives you the option to share it via the built-in Apple Mail.app instead of Spark. To share using Spark on iOS, follow these simple steps below:
- Tap on the Share icon in any iOS app.
- Swipe left on the top row of the Share Sheet till you see the More option denoted by three dots and tap on it.
- Scroll down in the list till you see Spark, then enable the toggle switch next to it.
- Using the drag handles on the right, re-order Spark share extension according to your preference so that it's easier to access.
- Tap Done when you're ready to go.
Now, whenever you have to share something from a third-party app via Email, you will see the Spark icon, allowing you to compose and send email using Spark.
Get Spark for Free and switch to the best email app for iPhone and iPad.