An email signature exists as a way to convey important information, especially when you're in a professional environment. When using email for work, knowing how to create a professional email signature is very important. Email signatures don't just make your email a lot more appealing, they also do the work of showcasing different ways someone can contact you, or a way to showcase your social media presence.
With Spark Mail app on your Mac, you're probably using multiple email accounts — may be a personal email account and a professional one from work. Let's learn how to set up multiple email signatures on your Mac using Spark, so that you can quickly switch between them when sending an email.
How to Set Up Email Signatures on a Mac using Spark Mail app
- Download and launch Spark Mail app on your Mac.
- Sign in with the email accounts you'd like to use with Spark.
- At the top left of your screen, click on Spark > Preferences. Alternatively, press Command Key + comma (⌘ + ,) keyboard shortcut.
- Click on Composer on the left, then click on Signatures.
- Click on the Create Signature button at the top right and type in the text you want in your email signature.
- To use the formatting options, select & highlight the text you want to format.
- Optionally, if you have the code for an HTML email signature, click on the HTML option at the bottom and paste in your code there.
- Click on the Save button to finish creating your email signature.
- Next, choose which email signature should be used next to the email account listed under Default signatures.
That's it. Your Mac email signature is now ready to be used with any email you compose in Spark. To create more email signatures, simply repeat step 4 to 7 for every signature you create in Spark's preferences. You can create multiple email signatures on Mac for all your accounts configured in Spark.
Spark for Mac is a Free Download and is also available for iPhone, iPad, Windows and Android devices. Spark automatically syncs the email signatures you've created across all your devices, so you don't have to manually create them on every device you own. Once you create a Mac email signature, it'll be available for use on your iPhone and iPad too.
How to Use Multiple Email Signatures on a Mac
In the section above, we've learnt how to create and set up email signatures on Mac using Spark Mail app. Now, let's see how you can switch between multiple email signatures on macOS, when you are sending an email.
- Launch Spark for Mac and compose a new email.
- Type in the recipient and fill out the Subject and Email body fields with your content.
- Click on the + button at the top right of the window, then click on Signature. Under the email content, you'll see the default email signature that you set up in the steps detailed above.
- To switch between the other email signatures on your Mac, simply click on the tiny up/down arrows next to the email signature.
- Choose the email signature that you want to use with this email.
- If needed, you can make edits to your email signature within this new email window.
- When you're done, click on the Send button to send out the email.
Spark Mail app makes it super easy to use multiple email signatures on your Mac and switch between them with two simple clicks. With Spark, all your email signatures are easily accessible, and can be quickly previewed along with the actual email content. This way, you can pick the best suitable Mac email signature and make edits to it just before sending the email out.