How to block unwanted emails on a Mac
Email is one of the most widely used modes of communication on the internet today. We don't just use email for communication with our friends and family, but it is also used by websites, apps, and services to send us updates, notify us about changes, or send us details about orders, etc.
These days, an average internet user typically receives at least a dozen different emails in his inbox. Unfortunately, not all of the emails that we receive in a day are useful or relevant. Many of the emails that land up in our inboxes are either newsletters or updates that we aren't interested in, or outright Spam emails that we never bother reading.
Dealing with these unwanted emails is a major hassle, and there is a lot of time wasted on deleting emails or blocking unwanted emails on a Mac. Thankfully, incredible apps like Spark Mail app help you deal with unwanted emails and make the process of blocking emails on a Mac simple and easy.
Let's take a look at how to block unwanted emails on a Mac.
How to Block Emails on a Mac:
- Download and launch the Spark Mail app on your Mac. Spark is a feature-rich email client for Mac that offers a ton of features over traditional email apps for Mac.
- Set up and configure your email account in Spark. We have detailed guides on how to add an email account in Spark here.
- Next, click on the 'Smart' tab just under the Search bar in Spark.
Now all your emails are neatly sorted, leaving all your important emails at the top and moving all the unwanted and irrelevant emails to a separate area of Spark.
This is your 'Smart Inbox' a unique feature of Spark that sorts and filters out unwanted and less-important email, so you can focus on Personal and Important emails first. You can customize your Smart Inbox in Spark's preferences.
Just like you've dealt with the clutter in your inbox, Spark helps you with the clutter of repetitive notifications. Spark Mail app comes with a feature called 'Smart Notifications' that alerts you only for Personal or Important emails, while leaving out irrelevant junk.
Let's find out how to block unwanted emails on a Mac by disabling low-priority notifications.
How to Block Email Notifications on a Mac:
- Download and Install Spark for Mac if you haven't already, and set up your email account in it.
- Open Spark's Preferences, and navigate to the 'Notifications' tab.
- Here, you'll find three options for your app notifications.
- Enable the radio button next to the 'Smart' - this enables Smart Notifications for your email account.
- Repeat these steps for every account you have configured in Spark Mail app.
With Smart Notifications, Spark will intelligently filter your new mail notifications and only alert you about the emails you care about. All of the marketing newsletters, notifications, and other irrelevant junk is silently delivered to your inbox, so you don't have to worry about your Mac constantly buzzing you. Smart Notifications is a great way to block unwanted emails on your Mac with a few simple clicks.
Download Spark for Free and get started with the best email experience available for Mac. You can also get Spark for your iOS devices and experience the same incredible set of features when you are on the go.