TL;DR. Spark for iOS and Mac now lets you turn an email into a task and add it to your TickTick to-do list in just a few taps.
Today, we’re excited to announce the new TickTick integration in Spark to help you conquer tasks coming from your inbox.
Plenty of must-do tasks originate from our inboxes. You may need to send a report to a client, handle a customer complaint, or negotiate a collaboration with a potential partner who just emailed you. Yet, it’s easy to miss an important task as it gets piled under newsletters and other correspondences that require no action.
There is a disconnect between our inboxes and the task management tools we use. With Spark, we’ve fixed it. Spark already integrates with a number of popular to-do and task management apps to make your email life easier.
Update Spark now, and let’s see how it works with TickTick!
What is TickTick?
TickTick is a popular to-do app that works on iOS, Mac, Android, Windows, and Web. It lets you create and organize to-do lists, set reminders & recurring tasks, prioritize tasks, and assign them to other people. Another handy feature is an option to set a Pomodoro timer right in the app to stay focused on your tasks.
Once you connect TickTick to Spark, you can turn emails into tasks without leaving your inbox.
How to connect TickTick to Spark
- Make sure you have both Spark and TickTick installed on your Mac, iPhone, or iPad.
- In Spark on Mac, open Preferences > Services. On iOS, go to the Spark Settings > Services > Add Service.
- Select TickTick on the list of apps and log into the app.
Now you’re ready to explore this powerful integration.
How to turn an email into a task
Exporting emails to your to-do list from Spark is a lot easier and faster than manually creating the respective task and copying email details there. The handy Spark + TickTick integration can save you a ton of time and ensure you never miss anything important.
Here’s how to save an email to your to-do list in just a few clicks:
- Open the desired email.
- Tap … More on the toolbar and select TickTick.
Here, Spark offers you two export options:
- Email – exports the email text to your TickTick task. This provides your teammates, or yourself, with the context needed to accomplish the task.
- Link – creates a secure web link to the whole thread, so all the information is one click away. This is a perfect way to keep everyone in the loop of what’s going on in the email chain.
You can also select the task start and due date right from Spark, so you never miss a deadline.
Export emails to TickTick with a single swipe
Spark also lets you turn an email into a task with just one swipe. This is the perfect way to save time and clear your inbox faster.
Here’s how to create a custom swipe for TickTick:
- On your Mac, open Preferences > General > Swipe Actions.
On your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > Personalization > Swipes.
- Select the swipe you wish and pick Save to TickTick as the swipe action.
Swipes sync across all your devices, so once you create a custom swipe for TickTick, you can use it everywhere.
With Spark, our goal is to provide an effortless email experience and help you love email again. We hope the new TickTick integration will make you even more productive.