Set up iCloud email on a Mac
To set up iCloud email on Mac, you need to first generate an app-specific password for Spark using a web browser. Your iCloud account password will not work directly in Spark. To protect your iCloud data and to prevent fraudulent activities with your iCloud account, Apple requires that you generate different passwords for logging into apps.
Generate an app-specific password for Spark on Mac:
To generate an app-specific password with iCloud, follow these instructions:
- Go to https://appleid.apple.com/ and sign in to your Apple account using your Apple ID and Password. Then you will need to proceed with two-factor authentication. To do this, follow steps 2 and 3 below.
- Confirm your identity by clicking “Allow” button on your Apple device.
- Enter the 6-digit verification code that will pop-up on your Apple device on this screen.
- Scroll down to the Security section and click on “Generate Password...”. If you don’t have an option to generate passwords, you’ll have to set up two-factor authentication for your Apple ID.
- Name the label for this app-specific password and hit the “Create” button.
Once you generate an App Password, copy it to your clipboard and remember it, as you will need to enter it in Spark in the next steps detailed below.
How to Add iCloud Email to Mac
- If you haven’t already, download and install Spark mail app on your Mac to get started. If you’re already using Spark and want to add a iCloud account, follow these instructions here instead.
- Launch Spark for Mac
- Click on “Start using Spark” on the welcome screen.
- On the next screen, enter your iCloud app-specific password and click Next. Then, click on the blue ‘Allow’ button to grant Spark access to your email account, so you can use your iCloud within Spark.
That’s it! There are no Settings to configure and no servers to specify. Just sign into your iCloud account and start using Spark for Mac.
If you are already using Spark Mail app on your Mac and want to add your iCloud account, simply follow these steps.
- Download and install Spark mail app on your Mac
- Launch Spark for Mac
- At the top menu, click on "Spark" > "Add Account…"
- Click on the "iCloud" icon from the grid of email service providers
- When you see the Sign in with iCloud screen, enter your iCloud email and app-specific password and click Next. Then, click on the blue "Allow" button to grant Spark access to your email account, so you can use your iCloud within Spark.
That's it! There are no Settings to configure and no servers to specify. Spark will automatically set up your iCloud account on Mac and all you emails will be available to use on your Mac.