How to Setup Fastmail Email on iPhone or iPad
To set up FastMail email on iPhone or iPad, you first need to generate an App Password for Spark using FastMail’s website. Your FastMail account password will not work directly in Spark, so this is necessary to use Spark with FastMail email.
Create a Fastmail App Password:
To generate an App Password, follow the instructions detailed here: www.fastmail.com/help/clients/apppassword.html
Once you generate an App Password, copy it to your clipboard or remember it, as you will need to enter it in Spark in the next steps detailed below.
How to Add Fastmail Email to iPhone or iPad
- If you haven’t already, download and install Spark mail app on your iPhone or iPad to get started. If you’re already using Spark and want to add a Fastmail account, these instructions here instead.
- Launch Spark on your iPhone or iPad
- On the intro screen, type in your Fastmail email address, then tap on the Log in button.
- On the next screen, enter your Fastmail account password and tap on Advanced Settings.
- Next, fill out the Incoming Mail Server (IMAP) and Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) details for your account, as shown here.
That’s it! Just sign into your Fastmail account and start using Spark for iOS.
- Get Spark from the App Store for your iPhone and iPad and launch the app.
- Tap on the Sidebar button at the top left of the screen.
- Scroll down till you see the ‘Settings’ option and tap on it.
- Tap on ‘Email Accounts’ and then on the ‘Add Account’ button at the bottom.
- Choose 'Private Email Account', then tap on the ‘Set Up Account Manually’.
- Enter your @fastmail email and password to sign, then proceed to filling out the Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server details.
- Tap on the ‘Log in’ button to let Spark access your Fastmail Account, so that you can start using your Fastmail email with Spark on iPhone or iPad.
- Choose how you’d like Spark to handle notifications for you and then click ‘Done’.
That’s it! Spark will automatically set up your Fastmail account on your iPhone and iPad and all you emails will be accessible for you to use.
Download Spark for Free to get started.