Whether you are a school student or a working professional, you may need to write formal emails. Many students have been studying at school for many years, and there are some professionals who have been in the workplace for many years, yet they still do not understand the various specifications and requirements for writing Chinese email formats. In fact, no matter who we are sending an email to - family, friends, colleagues, bosses, clients, mentors - we must always be formal and polite and always use respectful and professional wording.
Use Spark to send correctly formatted emails in English and Chinese, and to save time and effort, use pre-edited email templates with the correct formatting.
The formatting of emails written in Chinese generally follows the following points:
There are several important parts to a formal email format, and it is important to follow a set format to make your emails look professional, whether they are in English or Chinese.
- The email title is the first thing the reader sees when they receive the email, so its importance should not be overlooked. A good email headline should be concise and to the point, attracting the reader's attention and allowing them to quickly understand the main content of the email. If the email title is not clear enough or does not highlight the key points, it will make the readers misunderstand or ignore the important information of the email, resulting in a lower communication effect.
- Address: According to the recipient's relationship and position the choice of email address should be determined according to the recipient's identity, position, gender, age, relationship, and other factors. Generally speaking, for familiar friends or colleagues, you can use intimate addresses, such as "dear," "friend," "colleague," etc.; for strangers or more formal For strangers or on more formal occasions, you should use more polite and respectful terms of address, such as "Dear," "Dear," "Sir/Madam," etc.
- Body: Be clear and concise in paragraphs, with attention to grammar and word choice. This includes the message, comments, suggestions, requests, etc., that the sender is trying to convey. The body of the email should be clear, concise, and lucid, with clear ideas and precise language, avoiding overly complex words and long sentences that may make reading difficult for the reader. At the same time, the body of the email needs to choose different expressions and tones according to the type of email and the recipient.
- Ending: Expressing thanks, wishes, or expecting a reply. This is usually found in the last part of the body of the email, where you thank the person for taking the time to read the email and pay attention to the content. Blessings are expressions of good wishes or greetings, depending on the subject of the email and the relationship of the recipient. Closing remarks are polite closing remarks, such as "Salutations," "Good luck," etc. If you are expecting a reply, you can end your message with a clear statement that you expect a reply.
- Signature: Sign with your name, title, contact details, etc. This is a piece of text at the end of an email that expresses the sender's identity, title, contact details, etc. A signature on an email can give the recipient a clearer understanding of the sender's identity and background, increasing the credibility and readability of the email.
- Attachment: Attach relevant documents or information if required. This refers to the files or materials attached to the email, such as documents, pictures, audio, video, zip packages, etc. Email attachments can facilitate file sharing and information transfer between the sender and the recipient, making the email more informative and useful.
Formal company introduction letter
Dear Mr./Ms. XXX:
On behalf of Translation Vision Translation Studio, I would like to introduce our translation service business to you.
Founded in XXXX, Translation View Translation Studio is a company specializing in translation, interpretation, and transcription services. Our services cover a wide range of languages and industry sectors, including but not limited to XXXX, XXXX, and XXXX.
Our translation team consists of a group of experienced and professionally qualified translators who are familiar with various terminologies. They are not only fluent in multiple languages but also have extensive industry knowledge and cross-cultural communication skills. We use advanced translation software and technology to ensure the quality and speed of our translations.
Our services include but are not limited to document translation, interpretation services, translation services, localization translation, website translation, and more. We are committed to providing high-quality, efficient, and personalized translation services to our clients.
Over the years, our business has gained wide recognition and acclaim. Our clients come from a wide range of industries, including government agencies, multinational companies, small and medium-sized enterprises, and individual clients. We have established long-term and stable business relationships with our clients and have earned their trust and support.
If you have any questions about our business or are interested in working with us, please feel free to contact us, and we will be happy to assist you.
With best regards!
Date: XXXX, XXXX, XXXX
Formal email from university student to tutor
I am writing to you in the hope of receiving your advice and guidance. I am a university student currently enrolled in university and preparing to start my Masters in Translation.
I have been very confused about my future and am not sure which area I should delve into or which areas I should focus on to develop my career. I know that you are an expert in your field, and I would like to ask for your help.
I would like to know how you chose your field of study, how you started your career, and what is the secret of your success in your field. I would also be interested to know your advice on my future career development and what I should do to ensure my success.
Thank you very much for taking the time to read my letter and provide your valuable advice and guidance.
Book a lightwave guide product recommendation session with a customer.
Greetings! Thank you for your interest in our company's optical waveguide products. We would be happy to provide you with further information and presentations.
In order to better show you our products and answer any questions you may have, we are planning to hold a presentation of our optical products in the near future. You are more than welcome to attend!
Please allow me to provide you with the following basic information about the conference:
Time: (please provide specific time and date)
Location: (please provide specific address and location)
Topic: Introduction to the company's optical waveguide products
If you are interested in attending this meeting, please reply to this email or call us with your interest and your contact details so that we can further confirm with you.
Thank you for your support and interest in our company. We look forward to meeting you at the conference!
With best regards!
XXX Company Sales Department
From the three examples above of using the correct format for writing emails in English and Chinese, we can conclude that the format, wording, and phrasing of an email will vary depending on the recipient of the email and that it is important to write the content of the email clearly and concisely. In addition, once you have finished writing your email, we recommend that you check the body of the email for typos with the help of a writing tool to ensure that you have conveyed your message accurately to the recipient.