Ukraine keeps fighting off a Russian invasion and defending its freedom. Right now Russian armed forces are attacking our cities by land, air, and sea. Since the start of the war on Feb 24, thousands of civilians have been killed or wounded, including many children. Over 1,000,000 people have had to leave their homes to escape these war atrocities. The number of casualties keeps growing by the minute.
Readdle was founded in Ukraine, and most of our 200+ team members live here. While our apps and services remain unaffected, we as individuals do everything we can to protect our loved ones and support our country.
We’ve received hundreds of messages of love and support from you, our customers, and partners. Our entire team and country appreciate your standing with us!
Many of you asked how you can help Ukraine fight back and stop the aggressor. Here are the things you can do from anywhere in the world.
Help the people
More than 1,000,000 people have had to leave their homes since the start of the invasion. Here’s how you can help internally displaced people, children, and refugees:
- Help Ukrainian refugees abroad
- Donate to Save the Children
- Donate to SOS Ukraina
- Support independent journalists
The "White Rock" bear shelter near Kyiv has been saving bears from horrible circus conditions. Yet now it's the Russian airstrikes that are threatening the animals. They are in the war zone, they need food or financial support. Donate to the shelter here.
Donate to the Ukrainian Defence
Ukraine is defending Europe’s eastern border from the Russian army, one of the biggest and strongest armed forces in the world. You can back the Ukrainian Defence with a donation, every little bit helps:
- Donate via the National Bank of Ukraine
- Donate to the Come Back Alive foundation
- Donate to Ukrainian Civil Defense
Demand action from your government
The entire world stands with Ukraine now, providing weapons, humanitarian aid, and imposing sanctions against Russia. You can encourage your government to take more action to help Ukraine fight back:
- Join a peace protest. Come out to the street to share your support for Ukraine and demand more action from your government. Find the next event in your city.
- US: Write to your representatives in Congress and ask for more support for Ukraine. It takes just a few moments if you follow this guide.
- UK: Write to your local MP and demand more action in supporting Ukraine.
- Spread the word. Believe us your voice has power! Join Information forces and use social media to reach out to government and state-affiliated media accounts. For instance, a simple thing you can do right now:
Quote + comment: @NATO stop Russian aggression in #Ukraine! #StopRussianAggression #CloseTheSky #StopWarInUkraine #StopRussia #StopPutin #StandWithUkraine
Spread the truth about the war in Ukraine
There’s lots of fake news and misinformation these days. Make sure you follow the news from credible sources. Share them with your friends and family, so they can be well informed.
Our friends at MacPaw have prepared a list of verified sources that objectively cover what is happening in Ukraine:
Sources in English:
- The Washington Post
- Foreign Affairs
- The Economist
- The Guardian
- The Kyiv Independent
Sources in Russian:
- Новая Газета
- Новое Время
- Журнал «Холод»
- Русская служба BBC
- Настоящее Время
- Зеркало Недели
- Эспрессо TV
- Солидарность (BY)
Your support means a lot in these difficult times! Follow the hashtag #StandWithUkraine on social media and share this article with your friends.
With love and thanks from Ukraine,
The Readdle Team